How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScotsLawPro Your Own Question
ScotsLawPro, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 1290
Experience:  LLB (Hons), Dip LP, NP
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
ScotsLawPro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How Do I Write A Letter To The Procurator Fiscal Requesting

Resolved Question:

How Do I Write A Letter To The Procurator Fiscal Requesting That Charges Against My boyfriend on an alleged assault on me be dropped? Thank You.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  ScotsLawPro replied 8 years ago.



Sorry to hear about your problem.


Firstly can I just say that even if you write this letter there is little likelihood that charges will be dropped. There is a recent crown office directive that charges such as this should not be dropped at the behest of the complainer and it is in the public interest that they are prosecuted.


That being said you might get a sympathetic fiscal who is prepared to ignore this.


You should simply write to your local PF including as many details as possible about the incident, include the PF reference, it will by on your boyfriend's bail papers and will start with two letters then 8 numbers, 08 for 2008, 09 for 2009, if you can. Exercise care with this though as he may have bail conditions not to contact you. Include as much information as you can and explain why you want the charges dropped.


As I said at the start this is unlikely to work but if you don't ask you don't get.


Hope this helps. Please click ACCEPT for my time to be credited.



ScotsLawPro and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I spoke to the procurator fiscal in cahrge and she told me to write a letter. I would like to know details of what i can include. Can i state that I know that he'll never do anything to hurt me as what happened was as a result of me provoking him and he touched me in self defence?
Expert:  ScotsLawPro replied 8 years ago.

Hi again Peaches


You can write whatever you want. I can't tell you what to include because I don't know the circumstances, but what you suggest sounds acceptable to me.