Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Low coolant light comes on after car warms up. 2007 saturn…

Customer Question
Low coolant light comes...

Low coolant light comes on after car warms up. 2007 saturn vue 3.5 honda engine. the coolant is not low and car is not getting hot. i changed the coolant resevoir bottle with the float sensor in it. Dorman part. still comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Anything???

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself. did you not read my last post?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Saturn
5/31/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Is this light on all the time or intermittent?

Drove car yesterday for 3 miles. Then let it sit in the driveway for another 10 minutes until fan kicked on. It then did not come on for another few minutes. With the old over flow bottle and sensor it came on roght away and stayed on. Witj new Dorman part it still comes on, but in a different pattern. This is the second Dorman one o put on. The first one i got the sensoer element out of the bottom of the tank. I really think i have a bad part again

You can check the wiring to it. The Pink wire is power and the light green wire is the signal to the BCM. You can monitor the power on the green wire present and not as the coolant level is raised and lowered on the sensor.

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris