Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Steering column locked. Have tried brake, moving steering…

Customer Question
Steering column locked. Have...

Steering column locked. Have tried brake, moving steering wheel. The tumbler was replaced less than a year ago

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Yes, just liked in our driveway

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

206 Vue

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your VUE?

206

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, just picked it up yesterday and drove fine. Starting the car I moved the steering wheel and it locked. Key would not turn Tried graphite

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just had alternator, battery and belts replaced

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Saturn
5/28/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Set the parking brake, use a jack to raise both front wheels off the ground. Now try the key when turning the steering wheel and let me know those results.

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris