Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I statered my Saturn up and as I tried to begin to drive it…

Customer Question
Hi I statered my...

Hi I statered my Saturn up and as I tried to begin to drive it just died on me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2004 ion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nope and tried giving it a jump it started but when I tried to pull off it died

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

All my lights turn on the inside and outside

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Idk if the battery is fully charged but when I was driving on the freeway the battery light did come on like it was giving off to much energy or something

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Saturn
5/27/2018
Saturn Mechanic: david craig, Saturn Mechanic replied 28 days ago
david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

when your battery light comes on while driving it usually mean that the alternator has failed. Do you have a voltmeter?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No I don’t have one of those
Saturn Mechanic: david craig, Saturn Mechanic replied 27 days ago

ok well you are going to need to get one if you want the vehicle fixed

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Is that to test my battery to make sure it’s charged

not only that but to check for the proper voltage at the starter relay from the ignition switch and the PCM

The neutral safety switch will also need tested depending on the results of the relay and PCM voltage checks

Saturn Mechanic: david craig, Saturn Mechanic replied 25 days ago

hows it going?