Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have dual exhaust on 2007 saturn sky. I backed up and hit an…

Customer Question
Have dual exhaust on...

Have dual exhaust on 2007 saturn sky. I backed up and hit an object and pushed the exhaut tip and pipe about 2 inches inward. I was told by my body shop that I must have it repaired so that I do not burn the difuser. Is it possible to do that without having to by a new exhaust system?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

48 thousand but the current exhaust is abou7 years old but with probabably 15 thous miles on it and I live in the souyth with no salt corrossion.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sky yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO. I did nothing but the body shop says I have to have a muffler guy do it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saturn
4/24/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

I have done this type of repair many times. It is easy enough. If you have a good muffler shop, that you trust, they will just heat the pipe with a torch and bend the pipe back to it's original shape.