Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P0171 and p0130 codes changed fuel filter and plugs.

Customer Question
P0171 and p0130 codes...

P0171 and p0130 codes changed fuel filter and plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2001 l200 series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pulled the vacume line off the FPR no leak tried brake clean on all vacume lines no change replaced fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thnk thats about it just about to put in an O2 sensor but not sure it will fix it

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Saturn
4/2/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Amedee, Saturn Technician replied 24 days ago
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

How does the engine run? Does it idle and accelerate ok? Or does it stall out or bog down/hesitate under a load?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Runs great

Thank you for that information.

YES, if there are no air/vacuum leaks, no base engine mechanical issues and the wiring/circuit to and from the oxygen sensor is good, these codes indicate a faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1 sensor 1). Replace the oxygen sensor and you will be good to go!

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Do you have any further questions sir?

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician