Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The Passlock theft deterent security light flashes after I…

Customer Question
The Passlock theft deterent...

The Passlock theft deterent security light flashes after I have locked the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

It flashes. How would I reset the security system?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Saturn Vue 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have someone look at it and they think this light sould flash telling me my car is locked. If this stays flashing after I lock the car, would it drain the battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, except could it be a fuse or is this light supposed to stary on?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saturn
3/31/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Service Technician

Is this car new to you, or are you experiencing the battery going dead, and you are looking for possible reasons?

The battery is fine and I bought the car new in 2004

I'm pretty sure the light will stop flashing, and won't drain the battery, but I will look up the specifics for you... back shortly.

CONTENT Theft Deterent (CTD) DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION

Locking The Vehicle Without Arming The CTD System

Locking the vehicle may be accomplished without arming the CTD system.

Use of the manual door locks or using the key to lock the doors will lock the vehicle but will not arm the CTD system.

Disarming an Armed System/Silencing an Alarm
If system arming has been requested by the keyless entry transmitter, it must be disarmed with the key fob.

IMPORTANT: The system is not armed if the doors are locked manually, the remote keyless transmitter must be used to arm the CTD system.