Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Our sterio will turn on but there is no sound from the

Customer Question
Our sterio will turn...

Our sterio will turn on but there is no sound from the speakers

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It came with the car its avue xe 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Saturn?

Vue xe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are seeing if we can fix it ourselves there is a fuse in the inside panel that has something to do with sterio but every time we put it in it drain the battery so we have removed it but other than that we have not tried anything else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saturn
3/29/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! SO you have a draw, and that needs to be diagnosed, the fact that the stereo has no sound leads me to believe your stero is the cause of the draw, if you have a multiemeter we can troubleshoot the system to find the draw