Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key is stuck in the ACC position, it wont come out but…

Customer Question
The key is stuck...

The key is stuck in the ACC position, it wont come out but it will start

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The key is good, maybe a little worn. i can only turn the steering wheel when it is turned on. otherwise it is locked

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2008 saturn vue crossover

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just googled some methods but they arent working such as turning to wheel, jiggling the keys.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Shifting the gears no

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saturn
3/28/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

ON the shifter is a switch that closes a circuit and powers the ignition lock solenoid. Here is a diagram https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebvvzvycimqgtsl/ignitionlock.pdf?dl=0 Can you test both to see if the switch opens and closes when in and out of park and see if the solenoid is getting constant ground and power on and off from the shifter switch.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Are you still needing assistance?