Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Ion When I start the engine, it runs for 5…

I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Ion When I start the engine, it runs for 5 seconds and dies and the "TRAC OFF" is displayed. Also the passenger seat belt light is blinking on and off. It takes about 6 starts before I get it to run perfectly. I also let it idle for a few minutes to warm up and then it starts just fine. This morning it only took 3 starts to run fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a carburetor?

I think its relay, but I don't understat what it works after heating up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just have been testing and got those results.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

this sounds likes leaky fuel injectors. when a car sits overnight and its hard to start in the morning, you have excess fuel laying on top of the pistons from the injectors leaking. so it takes a while before the spark burns up the excess fuel

are you there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would prefer to have a phone call. I will be available all day
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know he is unavailable NOW but can he call me later?????
Pete, Saturn Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Did you still want help with this here?

You can request a call or I can offer one if you like just let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would prefer a call please

Going to try and offer the call now.

Thanks Pete

For some reason, it is not allowing me to offer the call. You might try on your end to see if you can offer it and let me know.

Thanks Pete

Ill try it again.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Phone call session started

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete