Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My interior driver's side door handle broke. 2008 sky

My interior driver's side...

My interior driver's side door handle broke

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2008 sky redline I'm trying to determine if it is a separable part or integral with the interior door panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sky yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm getting to that point since the fix from GM is to buy a $330 interoir door panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't have $330 for a door handle

3/26/2018
Pete, Saturn Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The interior door panel does house the interior door handle, unfortunately.It isn't replaced separately as it is built into the door panel itself.Below are the instructions on how to remove this door panel assembly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52uhupidb8ip1hh/dp-03-26.pdf?dl=0

One place that can sometimes get just the handle to replace it alone once the panel is removed is Advance Auto or any parts stores that sell Dorman parts products.You can check with any parts stores in your area and ask if Dorman has made just the handle for your model.If they do then you can remove the paneling and drill out the rivets that hold the handle on and rivet the new handle in place.The handle ( if available separate ) usually runs around $25 to $40 from Dorman products.

You can also go with a used door panel with handle attached.One place I use for used parts is http://www.car-parts.com.They can even ship it to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks - everything I needed to know. I appreciate your time!

Your welcome

Pete, Saturn Mechanic