Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I don't know if you remember me but the last time I talked…

I don't know if you...
I don't know if you remember me but I am Chris the last time I talked to you was on the phone I decided to replace the the coil packs and the ignition control module, and a new idle air control module. Car still runs the same only runs when I pull the pump relay. Do I now do the fuel pump and or check the injectors? I suppose my old session with you and then I must do a new one if I must I must I still need help. thanks
3/26/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Hi Chris! YES, I do remember. We can chat on the phone again or continue on this page. Either way works for me.

I'll try and call when I see you are on

Hello Chris!

I am on line now.

I was thinking about trying to run another fuel pressure test
I was going to do that now I'll try and get back to you later

Sounds good.

Okay here are the results of the pressure test 4 seconds startup 32 psi drops to 30 stays there for 3 or 4 minutes then drops to 29 and stays. Running test that runs rough runs up to 40 PSI but it oscillates about six or more pounds then drops to 35 with engine off and down to 32

Key on engine off it should be between 38 and 44 psi.

Engine running it should be 31 to 36.

Sounds like the fuel pump needs to be replaced. :)

you think that the excess fuel pressure is putting too much fuel in the engine and causing it to run rough flooding it

Very possible!

Fuel pump is a very major job. My wife's about ready to kill me over this car. It will take me awhile to take it out and get a new one to put in I suppose our session will be over by then. This to is costing me a pretty little Penny but seems worth it to me. Like I said this job will take me awhile I'm no longer young I am 70 years old and I'm going to need some young muscle to help me so it's going to take me awhile. Thank you very much.

Sounds good, your welcome!

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician