Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 saturn vue. battery light came on then the car died now…

Customer Question
2003 saturn vue. battery...

2003 saturn vue. battery light came on then the car died now it wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

I tested the the battery. Its ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

The car wont start to check the alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have tried to jump start it but it didnt work. I tried to put starter fluid in the intake but it still wot start

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saturn
3/25/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you have a few problems, one your alternator is prob bad and 2 your battery is run down, I would get the battery charges up and or tested to see if its ok, you can pull the alternator and battery and have them both checked at your local auto parts store