Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to change the exhaust camshaft position solenoid

I need to change...

I need to change the exhaust camshaft position solenoid control

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Saturn. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes I also have check Traction control, and check Stabilitrak come up

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What year and model is your Saturn? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Dan, I need to change the exhaust camshaft position solenoid control bank 2, and am not sure where it is located. That is the first issue.

What year and model is your Saturn?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a 2008 Saturn Outlook

Thanks, ***** ***** a few minutes to pull up the info for you.

Here is the information you were looking for. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bo4klvbtcyi24zi/ac2.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41yfzlcunguu9f3/ac3.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also had check Traction control, and check Stabilitrak.

Most common thing I've seen for those is a problem with the steering angle sensor but you will want to have related diagnostic codes checked before replacing anything. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** the steering angle sensor located?

Here is a picture but new sensor needs to be calibrated at dealership with capable scantool so you will want to make sure codes are checked before replacing parts. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3poiixblsdfrie/stas.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Thank you.

No problem, I'm happy to help. Let me know how it turns out or if you run into questions. Thanks again and please do not forget to rate answer.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a video on how to change it? the part looks like it has wires and I am not sure how it goes in.

It has a bolt connected to it so it can only go in one way where bolt lines up. I'll see if I can find a video.

I'm not able to find a video but if you have questions send me pictures and I can try to walk you through it. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I looked at the part at auto zone but it has wires like it gets connected to something.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wasn't sure exactly how to install. But I will try and will send you pictures if necessary.
Thank you.

The solenoid does have a connector that plugs into it but it is a simple unplug old solenoid and plug in new solenoid. Keep me updated, thanks.

Dan, Technician