Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2005 Ion with no manual. I have managed to set the…

Customer Question
Have a 2005 Ion...

Have a 2005 Ion with no manual. I have managed to set the clock, but how do I et the time to display constantly? Display shows only tuner, Aux, or iPod connection. I want the clock to display beyond setting it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well...I've tried everything I can think of - am doing it myself. By trying various things, I managed to set the time & date, but once I exit the set mode the clock disappears & display shows only tuner (if it's on) or aux if radio is off. I'd like the display to show the time when the radio is off. How do I do that? Not sure how I managed to set the date & time, but I can hands-on replicate the process if necessary. Just can't figure out how to get the clock to display after setting it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Not sure...I bought the car used, but I think it's a stock radio, not after market. Based on info from forums I managed to get the clock set, so it probably came as standard equipment. Let's just assume that's it came with the car & o from there.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saturn
3/21/2018
Saturn Mechanic: david craig, Saturn Mechanic replied 3 months ago
david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

if the clock fails to display at all times after setting it up then the control unit is bad