Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have showpiece 2001 L300, 120K on engine 68K on tranny and…

Have showpiece 2001 L300, 120K...
Have showpiece 2001 L300, 120K on engine 68K on tranny and new module. Desperate for accelerator pedal positioning sensor #90571149 -discontinued. No junk yard parts and all chromed and painted. Is there a replacement sensor.
First time user so I chose basic member re: this Saturn wagon
Wait time of 8 minutes hasn’t changed.
3/21/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you asking where to find a sensor that is chrome or painted or one that is not and looks like OEM?

Using an Apple Ipad and Apple smartphone. Are these acceptable to get your response?
Lemor is fine.
Correct

I can not call right now, midnight here and I would wake up my family.

You wrote: Desperate for accelerator pedal positioning sensor #90571149 -discontinued. No junk yard parts and all chromed and painted. Is there a replacement sensor.

I wrote: Are you asking where to find a sensor that is chrome or painted or one that is not and looks like OEM?

You wrote: Lemor is fine. Correct

My phone is on and charged

Another will call if they choose to. I can not.

Sorry about the time. It is 11:05 in Missoula and we have fought this for over a10 day period. Only this morning did I begin shopping for this sensor. Just had total knee replacement but I’m sure you would like to hit the hay. Is this an easy fix or do I junk it, try to sell two tranny’s box of receipts on engine. Tranny module, replaced second tranny and all the new hoses, lines, tires and wheels, paint and interior plus labor and freight ?
If you can’t talk now are you suggesting you will call in the morning around 10 am MST when the three of us are in the garage and you can speak with the leaf wrench? These questions as well as your call tomorrow will cost me $26 am I correct ? If so, give me a time when to expect your call and the $26 will clear if I can find the new sensor from your sources and pay for that. I’m new at how what is charged, but the disclaimer said 24/7. I don’t want to disturb your family, but I will hitch a ride the 12 Miles I am away from the rig. Other response said you are unable to take phone calls, so can I get a call and an answer tomorrow or because of my late call should I just cancel the $26 and go in another direction? Pls advise and i will shut down for the night. Thanks, ***** *****

If your car is only needing an accelerator pedal position sensor, then no I would not junk the car over a 284$ part that is mounted under the dash. I would use a used one from LKQ or car-parts.com. Have you made sure there are no aftermarket alternatives?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Phone call session started