Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 saturn ion2. can't get trunk open with release button,

Customer Question
Hi! 2004 saturn ion2...

Hi! 2004 saturn ion2. can't get trunk open with release button, key, or fob.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No, but the key won't turn the lock, & the release button inside car won't open trunk.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. all i know is all of a sudden the key won't work & the inside trunk release button aren't working

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Saturn
3/19/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Are you able to get in through the rear seat?

No. The rear seats are locked from a lever in the trunk.

The only way to get in is have a locksmith drill out the key cylinder to get the latch to release or try to get a tool into the top of the seat back to get the rear seat to lay down to get into the trunk.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Thanks, ***** ***** no thanks. I’m not calling a locksmith. Can’t afford the extra expense. Retired & on a fixed income. If that’s your only solution, I’ll just have to figure something else out. Alan B.

Those are the only 2 ways to get inside the trunk to address the faulty latch.

Thanks, ***** ***** I’m going to have to find another way. I’ll check the fusebox first, but I don’t think that’s the problem. I really can’t afford a locksmith, as I know how expensive they are. Thanks, ***** ***** really hasn’t solved my problem, though. **** ********* ( [email protected] gmail.com )