Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 saturn ion. Never had an issue prior. I pulled…

Hi I have a 2007...
Hi I have a 2007 saturn ion. Never had an issue prior. I pulled in my driveway shut it off, when to start the next day, and lights come on, no crank, no start. We have replaced the battery, the starter, thr ignition switch, tested fuses, the relay switch. We are at a loss...and our mechanic works at a shop and still cant diagnose it even with his stores tools.
3/18/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

It sounds to me like the BCM could be an issue if the ignition switch has been replaced. This is is very common! The BCM could be bad, it may need to be reflashed or it may be missing a power and or ground preventing it from coming on. There was a TSB released by GM about this. It is TSB # 04-08-45-005D. What happens is when the key is rotated from run to the start position, there is a voltage signal sent to the BCM that goes through the pass lock sensor resistor in the ignition switch. This voltage signal may be bad or get interrupted when going from run to start that the BCM interprets as a failure in the pass lock system and disables the starting circuit. This TSB is instructing the technician to verify that the ignition switch has been replaced at least once using P/N 10392423. (if not, replace it). After replacement of the ignition switch or replacement and reprogramming of the BCM, perform the 30-Minute Learn Procedure. If the problem continues, replace the BCM with the latest part number and flash/program it as needed and that will do the trick!

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Our mechanic replaced the ignition switch and he did the 30 minute learning procedure...still nothing...i believe he did it with a tool from his shop, should we try the other way?

No, I would go after the BCM next.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great night!!

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Amedee

Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician