Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Wipers only work in high and stop in middle if I don't time…

Customer Question
Wipers only work in...

Wipers only work in high and stop in middle if I don't time shutting them off right so they are at the bottom of windshield

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Yes and there is no relay which I thought was the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

They work properly occasionally in all speeds and then stop and it only works in high. 1997 Saturn wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looked for relay and checked fuses but I thought I should check before replacing motor since it might be a short in the switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No the car has been pretty problem free I just replaced Plugs and Ignition coils when she was running rough and that's what the computer said was the problem but there is no error code for this one.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Give me a few minutes to type up answer, thanks.

This most likely means the wiper motor has failed. At wiper motor there is a brown wire and a purple wire. One should be grounded with switch in high position and one should be grounded with switch in low position. Check to see if both are getting ground when in different positions if so this proves problem is wiper motor. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks .