Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Bought an L200, 2003 Model with only 54K miles on it. Car is…

Hi Bought an L200...

Hi Bought an L200, 2003 Model with only 54K miles on it. Car is solid but intermittently it shuts down and will not restart until it sits for a few hours, and then this moring would not start. Have had it to Pep Boys and Firestone and neither could replicate the problem and there is not engine light coming on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

I don't know if they used a diagnostic code type of tool, but each of the 2 places had the car for hours trying to diagnos it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would prefer not to fix it myself. But was thinking that perhaps I would have the primary engine sensors replaced as a logical process of elimination

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have also run some Chevron Engine cleaner through it. thats it

3/14/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad fuel pump, have you had the fuel pressure checked while it was dead?

Both pepboys and firestone said the fuel pump was good to go. Do any of the engine sensors cut off fuel supply, I heard something about the Cam Position sensor doin this but thats from googling things

was it dead when then checked the fuel pressure??

No, each time we have had the car to the shop it was running. Car would shut down, I had it towed to PEP boys and then it started after having been off for a couple of hours

they cant check it when running, it has to dead when you check the ful pump, it is very common on these for the pump to stop, and then when it cools down it will run fine, and will show good fuel pressure.

Yeah so with the issue being so intermittent, changing the fuel pump is a good process of elimination step i m willing to take.

Yes, and is most likely the problem,Tim

Thanks Tim

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

You got it

there are 5 stars at the top of the page, you need to click on 3 or higher for me to get credit, thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me?? I do not get paid unless you do?

Tim Mohr, ASE Certified Technician