Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 Saturn Aura won’t start again until it cools down.

2008 Saturn Aura won’t...

2008 Saturn Aura won’t start again until it cools down

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aura yourself? What have you tried so far?

Alternator, starter, new battery, checked wires, checked cooling system, plenty water in radiator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

3/14/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** it wont start, does the starter turn over, but it does not run, or does the starter not even turn over?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, the starter won’t turn over, it won’t do anything

are you at the vehicle now?? do you have a test light or a voltmeter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m texting for my husband and he could not stay home at this time, he’s just wanting to find out why the car does this.... we have seen problems like this on the same car and wondered if this was common with a solution...?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can tell you the dash lights come on and that’s it. But if we wait 4 or more hours it will start again, just can’t run to the store and turn it off or you’re stuck...

it it common fo the starter to cause the problem, they can get a bad spot in the armature, and cause it no to turn over, a test light or a volt meter can diagnose this, when it dead, you need to check for power at the small wire at the starter, when cranking, if it has power, and it does not turn over, it is a bad starter.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you’ll read above the lady ask me and we’ve checked the starter and everything else I wrote in answer to her question

how did you check the starter???

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My husband said he checked it, I don’t know how ...

was it dead when he checked it? or was it starting then?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The car will start, but if you turn it off and try to restart it, it won’t start again until it has sat for 4 or more hours...

I need to know what he did to check the starter???

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He said a new starter was put in the car.

??? you said he just checked it?? now its been replaced? I cant help with doing this though 3rd party, I will opt out and see if another expert can help,Tim

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, this is Ron, a different expert.

You have a bad connection either at a ground or power lead. Lok for corrosion, and once you find that bad connection, clean it real good and be sure it's tight.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, my husband needs to be doing this and guess he’ll get back with you when he can. Thanks for now...

You're welcome, thanks again,and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep this link. We'll get this fixed:)

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor