Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Vue with 3.5, rear spark plug coil pack will not come…

2007 Vue with 3.5, rear...
2007 Vue with 3.5, rear spark plug coil pack will not come out due to hitting the firewall. Do I have to remove motor mounts and roll the motor forward to allow clearance?
3/14/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

You should not need to remove the engine mounts to replace the coils. If the will not come out due to clearance concerns then there is a engine mount issue that is allowing the engine to be to close to the firewall. You will, in that case, have to remove the mount to do this but you will also need to address the faulty mounts.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

I think you're wrong, but I need more time to evaluate

Would you like to see the manufacture steps and labor times?

If they're from Alldata I already have them.

Alldata should be the OEM steps. I also have access to Identifix and Mitchell. All 3 show no engine mount removal needed.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician