Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rpm indicator not working, engine light on, doors lock and…

Customer Question
Rpm indicator not working...

Rpm indicator not working, engine light on, doors lock and unlock on own, abs light on dash along with other lights, odd sound coming from engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No, didnt even think of that

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

Also not shifting right, i did just wash car the day before this all started, could something have gotten wet?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Saturn?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not done anything, my machanic is on vacation

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Had my transmission rebuild last fall

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saturn
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/13/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Please make a video of the engine from in the engine bay and also show me the dashboard and then either attach it here or post it as private on YouTube and send me the link.Please check the oil for the vehicle and make sure it is on the dipstick between the hash marks.It would be best if you can find an OBD2 scan tool and scan faults on the vehicle. We see whether or not these lights are legitimate or possibly the instrument cluster has failed. The only way to do that and scan tool.The tachometer not working indicates that the gauge cluster is faulty because it is directly run off the crankshaft position sensor which if the crank position sensor is faulty in and not working the engine will not run.I think you should also get a voltmeter and check to make sure the alternator is putting out over 14 volts, set the meter on DC voltage, put the leads on the battery posts and give me that reading.I'll gladly speak to you on the phone if you want to but I really need the answers from these tests and until I have those it makes no sense for me to call.
I will send as soon as I my daughter gets back.. I can't video on my phone, but can take pics
Maybe see if your daughter can it would really help.