Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I try to start the car and it doesnt seem to get a spark.

Customer Question
Hi, I try to...

Hi, I try to start the car and it doesnt seem to get a spark

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes,the battery is fine Its brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2004 Saturn Ion Level 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Gas tank additive Try spraying started fluid in the intake Nothings worked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saturn
3/12/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Amedee, Saturn Technician replied 4 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Are you saying that the engine is a crank no start situation?

Have you checked for spark using a spark tester?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

I havent checked the spark plugs yet

Ok, you might want to do that next.

If the engine has spark, check to see if it has compression and that it will run on starting fluid.

If the engine does not have spark, this could indicate a faulty crank sensor, ignition control module or an issue with the PCM. Just be sure all of the fuses check out good.

I am glad I can help! Keep in mind this is a "starting point". My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Keep in mind, if the engine runs on starting fluid, this means the compression is good and would suggest a faulty fuel pump or fuel delivery issue. At that point, you would need to check fuel pressure, fuel pump operation and power to the fuel pump when cranking.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>