Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The liftgate is locked and won't open from the outside.

Customer Question
The liftgate is locked...

The liftgate is locked and won't open from the outside

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

140,000. this has never happened before

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2005 vue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to. i tried going in through behind and trying to loosen the trip panel. i don't see anywhere where it would clip on and i don't want to rip it off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Got an oil change a couple of weeks ago and the check engine light has since been on. any way for me to reset it?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saturn
3/7/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK here is the panel removal for that

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntuacxyklyeqaf8/wed1.docx?dl=0

for the check engine light we need to get the codes to see what the problem is and fix the issues related to the code then the light will go out

hi, is there another way to unlock the liftgate without removing the trim panel?

unfortunately no

The instructions that you provided are for if the lift gate is open. How do I remove the trim panel if it’s closed

its a major pain but it shows you the reference points of where they attach, you will just have to work it out while its closed, there is no other way, once popped off slightly at the top you can access the latch for testing or try to pop the lever to open the door

What do I do after the trim panel is loosened off

once popped off slightly at the top you can access the latch for testing or try to pop the lever to open the door

I’m accessing the latch. It’s not opening. The car is unlocked so I’m guessing that the lift gate isn’t. What can I try now

Ok these lock rods will have to be manually moved and the door should open then we can access the latch to test it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnjhxhe324w9ami/wed2.docx?dl=0

I’m having trouble seeing them

like I said this is not easy it will take some time and aggravation

hows it coming?