Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 Saturn vue brake light keep going out. I replace the…

My 2008 Saturn vue...

My 2008 Saturn vue brake light keep going out. I replace the bulb 2 weeks ago and the light went out again. What can that be. Do it need a new tail light harness?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

I check the bulbs still good and the connection fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

My brother is. He check all connections and the bulb aren't blown yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need to know what part I need to get in order for this to be fix

3/7/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Which brake light is out? Left or right side?

What size engine do you have?

Right, 4AWD

Thank you. Have you checked power to the right rear brake lamp?

Can the tail light harness need to be replace?

YES it is possible. However, it is also possible that the right rear tail lamp assembly/socket is faulty. This would be much more likely.

I though that two

However, just be sure that there is power and ground going to it so that will rule out a wiring issue/harness issue. If all checks out good, replace the right rear tail lamp assembly and you will be good to go!

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Amedee
Amedee, Saturn Technician