Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Saturn Ion 2005. Engine light on. Have had it checked and…

Saturn Ion 2005. Engine light...
Saturn Ion 2005. Engine light on. Have had it checked and informed it had something to do with controller. Car will sometimes, (Too often), near total loss of power. If I turn car off and wait a bit it will go again.
1/16/2018
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Do you know the actual fault code that is set when the light comes on?

It's happening now. Car went after waiting 10 minutes but problem happened again. It can happen at any time but it's worse in cold weather. Running heater seems to make it worse

Can you get the computer system scanned and get me the fault code, most auto parts store will do this for you at no charge.

Right now I am not sure I can get there
Engine rough and almost no acceleration

Well in order to be able to help you with this I need to know what fault code and or codes are setting.

I will wait a bit and see if I can get it an AutoZone. How do I get back to you with the code

All you need to do is post back on this page and we can work from there.

The codes are P0135, P2176, P0300, and P0326

Is the engine actually misfiring?

It runs a little rough normally but when it decides to have its episodes it won't accelerate, almost stops.

The common cause for the misfire code P0300 is usually due to a failing ICM (ignition control module) and that should be addressed first. The Code P0135 is a lean code usually set due to either a vacuum leak or a failing bank one HO2S sensor, the code P0326 set in most cases due to a failing knock sensor. The code P2176 can set due to either sludge build up in the throttle body or a failing Throttle body. Before you consider replacing the TB you would be wise to remove the negative battery cable and then take some carb cleaner and give the throttle body and throttle plate a good cleaning. A failing ICM and a dirty throttle body could cause all of these codes to set.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician