Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Oil in water, over heating, replaced head gasket, still oil…

Oil in water, over...

Oil in water, over heating, replaced head gasket, still oil in water. No water in oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes, but that would not put oil in water would it ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

08 saturn astra xr

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced head gasket

1/16/2018
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.

OK, so still oil in water. did you have the cylinder head checked for cracks when you had it off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should i take it off and have it tested
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello ???

If its still overheating and developing oil in the coolant then that is the next step. Water pump is isolated from the oil system so that is not the issue.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you very much, ill ok ill have it tested
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic