Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1995 Saturn SL with 118K miles. It jolts when

Customer Question
I have a 1995...

I have a 1995 Saturn SL with 118K miles. It jolts when changing gears from 1st to 2nd. Is this a timing problem that can be fixed?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know your ignition timing number? How many miles are on the car?

No, where would I find that number? It has 118,000 miles on it. It was running fine until I took it to a dealership with a overheating problem which was finally fixed, but when I picked it up it now has this jolt with gear change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is a great low milage car for its age.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Saturn
1/15/2018
Saturn Mechanic: StLouisWayne, Shop Owner replied 7 months ago
StLouisWayne
StLouisWayne, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It sounds to me like a transmission problem. Is the check engine light on?

No, it has come on and I took it to Friday Motors here in Taos, a GM dealer and they did a tune up. It was not jolting before that.

What all did the tuneup consist of?

I have to go, please email me - tune up consisted of two pages of charges over $1,000 - I took it in because it was overheating and they did not solve that problem because it was an electrical problem. they installed a new computer and sensor, but still could not fix it so I took it to another mechantic who fixed it, except for the jolt that was caused by the dealership mechanics.

OK. Let me know when you are available and we can continue this conversation and try to figure out what is going on.