Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When raining or roads wet the stabilitrack system shows off…

Customer Question
When raining or roads...

When raining or roads wet the stabilitrack system shows off and is followed by our theft deterrent alarm going off while driving and will not shut off. We've tried using the remote, shutting off the engine, restarting etc...the alarm continues for up to 45 minutes before finally quitting. HELP!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No, we will try that next time. Any other suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2008 Saturn Outlook XR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, brought it in twice awhile back and the issue never was fully solved. Both times checked for codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What fuse relates to our alarm so we can disengage next time it unnecessarily goes off.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Saturn
1/15/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Pete, Saturn Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Saturn Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can read all computers in your vehicle when the fault is occurring.This way any codes setting with this fault are seen as the issue occurs.This sounds like water getting into an electrical connector with the connector seal needing to be replaced.If you can get the codes checked when the fault occurs and post the code info here this will help.If not let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete