Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

I have no tachometer. It's an 08 Saturn Vue 3.5. New

Customer Question
I have no tachometer ...

I have no tachometer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It's an 08 Saturn Vue 3.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, new cluster

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What gives the tachometer signal? Ecm or Bcm? I know it comes from the crank sensor..

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

No, elongated crank and crank shaft sensor performance and circuit fault. I have continuity from crank sensor to ecm..

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Saturn
1/13/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.

What codes do you currently have set?
Is the Tach the only issue or are there performance issues?

The engine speed signal is measured by the engine module then sent on the data network to the cluster where it can display the speed.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Saturn Mechanic