Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to add oil to my 95 Saturn sc2 but it won't go in. It…

Customer Question
Trying to add oil...

Trying to add oil to my 95 Saturn sc2 but it won't go in. It just pools in the filler and won't go down.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

April 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, thinking it might be pcv, but i took it off and it rattles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also leaking oil (which is why I was trying to add some) and coolant is also leaking

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Saturn
1/9/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Can you send a picture of where your adding oil to?

Dont have a picture, but it's where its supposed to go!

your description and where its supposed to go dont line up, the picture would help, you dont have a camera phone?

I do ill be right back. have a pic how to i send it to you?

there should be a file add r small paper clip on the screen near the chat box

so you took that off added oil and nothing is going in? whats the level on the dipstick?

i'm about 2 qts low. Oil just sits there and does not go down to the engine. is it possible it the pcv valve?

It would slow it down but it wouldnt stop it completely, can you take the cap off and take a pic of inside the valve cover? even with the dipstick removed its not going in?

it is going down very slowly now

you may just have carbon buildup in the cover I would pull the cover and inspect for debris buildup

any other reasons for this problem?

unless it about -40 and your using 20-50 or greater than I would suspect an issue with the valve cover itself, I bet there is some carbon and oil debris buildup with the oil burning like that

how do i fix that

depending on how bad the deposits are, could just need a good engine cleaning or worse a new engine, some deposits get so bad the valve cover wont be able to be cleaned and it would just need to be replaced, the only way to know is to pull the cover, its not to bad on that model

ok thank you

sure thing let me know how it goes

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!