Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

Hard steering wheel, good till yesterday, saturn ion 2004,

Customer Question
Hard steering wheel Mechanic's...

Hard steering wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Good till yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Saturn ion 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Information in internet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

For now just steering problem

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Saturn
1/5/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What do you mean by hard steering wheel?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hard to turn when driving

ok have you inspected the fluid level yet or belt ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is mecanical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i mean is not
mecanical

ok so are you getting a check engine light or message in the center?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
steering power something like that

So there is a code in the computer we need to get, you will need a scanner for this do you have access to one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2 codes u0105 and p0700

thats weird my system isnt pulling anything up on those codes, ill see if our other techs have information on this

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your time bye
Saturn Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Lack of power steering assist could be several things including wiring, the power steering control module and the motor itself, which is on the steering column. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on.

The fault codes you listed do not show to be valid for this vehicle. Can you post the VIN?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I check the power steer control module and the motor

I'd need the VIN to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1G8AW14F64Z109422

Can you double check the fault codes? U0105 isn't valid for this vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found three codes: U2105, P0700 and P0300

Are you using an actual scan tool that has the ability to communicate with the power steering module?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician