Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

03 Saturn Vue. Headlights and tailights not working. Checked…

Customer Question
03 Saturn Vue. Headlights...

03 Saturn Vue. Headlights and tailights not working. Checked all fuses in both panels no voltage drop across any. Was told sometimes they all come on. Car was parkedfor 4 months with leaking windshield so all wires on floorboards under carpet were soaked. Carpet has been removed

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

They either all work or none of them work. Connection where?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses with ignition on. No voltage drop anywhere. Everything worked fine before car was parked and floorpans soaked. owner says sometimes all lights come on and sometimes nothing. Headlight switch open?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will be back in 5 minutes,TX

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Saturn
1/4/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

You prob have a body control module issue, is it having any other electrical issues?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have learned since i have posted the info that none of the instruments work as well. Sorry I didn't get this info to you first time around as I'm sure it will narrow your search. This car had no problems before it was parked. Other than ICM,engine not running on all cylinders

ok for this we will need a scanner to see what systems are communicating

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician