Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

At first my car alarm kept going off. I got it to where I…

Customer Question
At first my car...

At first my car alarm kept going off. I got it to where I can push the inside door lock to hear the charm then I lock the door with the button. Recently, my car kept turning off but I was able to restart it right after. Yesterday, the car stalled and it took 5 or so minutes to turn back on,. I had auto advance to read my codes and they stated it was my spark plug boots. I bought new boots and now my car has this hard shake and takes forever to get speed, plus the little engine check light with the arrow going down is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It goes off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2006 Saturn ion 4 door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All that I said

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Saturn
1/3/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Were you able to retrieve any codes after replacing the boots? It sounds like you have a misfire issue possibly due to one of the boots installed, but would love to hear any possible codes you may have gotten with that light being on.

I didn't get any codes, i can tomorrow and let you know
Saturn Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago

Sounds great! I reallly hope to hear from you tomorrow and continue with your question, please come back when you have gotten the codes for me so I can further assist you in your needs :)

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician