Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) Saturn outlook starting issue...

Customer Question
FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)Saturn outlook...
FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)Saturn outlook starting issue... continued...I replaced the battery and the engine is still doing the same thing... Cranking and not starting... The battery is settling around 11.0 vdc, so it is working from that point. It is cranking over very good.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Saturn
1/2/2018
Saturn Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

can you check for spark and fuel ?

we need both to start , if battery is spinning good and holding at 11

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not checked for fuel before, but I can check for spark. How do I check for fuel?

turn switch from off to on , to hear fuel pump buzz, it supposed to prime fuel rail, try opening door when u turn switch so u hear it

click on link to view the fuel pump relay location to check , swap it with anther one like it or see if it clicks or if you have relay tester tool

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the key is on, there is a buzzing from the engine compartment. I wasn't sure what that was, If it is buzzing, does that mean that it is working?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have never used starting fluid on a car, do you think that is worth it?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
going to check the relay now

no, you need to see if it is closing the circuit and turning fuel pump on.

well you can spray starting fluid in tb body , open the plate up to spray inside 2 small squirts , then stay back and start all u doing is by passing injectors and see if u getting fuel

but if u never done it and you are inside garage , i suggest you pull it outside so we are not burning the house down

if there is a relay like it in that box swap it to see if we have relay issue

the buzzing is not good usually lack of voltage

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I swapped the relay, the engine is still doing the same thing. cranking and not starting.

do you hear the fuel pump ?when you turn switch from off to on

you said it was low on gas earlier ,do you have gas in it it ?

take your test lights and check for spark ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hear it,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also, yes, I have gas in it, not full, but has about 1/8th tank

ok good, we know we have fuel to rail , but are injectors pulsing and coils firing that will be next

i

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I have checked for spark on many things in my life, but I can't find how to do this vehicle. How do I check for spark without a test light?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Chad, are you still online? I didn't get a response to my last question.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One question on the spark plugs... is the central electrode of the spark plug suppose to be flat or angle tipped?

click on link to view spark plug checking

if i don't not reply right away i be offline, just reply back and when i get back online i will see it

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician