Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

2006 Saturn Vue base WITHOUT fog lights. Has the fog light…

Customer Question
2006 Saturn Vue base WITHOUT...
2006 Saturn Vue base WITHOUT fog lights.
Has the fog light relay & fuse intact.
One would think GM didn't use separate harnesses.
Need diagram showing which wires to cut / splice for OEM parts.
I ordered all the parts to install fog lights thinking that.
Disassembled center cluster to install OEM fog light switch.
Disassembled front headlights / grill to install OEM fog lights.
Surprise - no connectors for switch or fog lights....Are all the wires in the harness which just need to be spliced, connector added?
I'm capable of splicing / soldering, need diagram so I can be done with this project!
Thank you kindly,
-Steve
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Saturn
12/29/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

I can give you a wire diagram to show how it should be wired but there are no diagrams of actual physical wire location available. Would a wire diagram work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've seen some snips of diagrams. Not super helpful which is why I'm on here.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wondering if the wire harness has the wires I need in place.
If so, which wires do I cut / splice into to get my OEM parts working?
Relay and fuse are in place so theoretically the wires are in place.

It doesn't look like there is wiring you could splice into, you may need to run new wires and add new pins in connectors. I'll open question back up to see if someone else can give you more detailed information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
since I have the OEM switch, wire connector, I know which color wires, just don't know if the harness already has the wires running up to the switch.
Saturn Mechanic: Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 1 month ago
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

If your vue did not come with fog lights, then the wire harness is different and will not have the plugs needed to install them. The bcm is also different. This does not mean you can not use the factory parts, but you will need to wire them in yourself. I can walk you through the install if you would like. Did you get the pig tails for the fog lights and switch, or just the parts with no wires attached?

Kalamykid
Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech