Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Locked key I'm car police open door with key inside tried to…

Customer Question
Locked key I'm car...

Locked key I'm car police open door with key inside tried to start nothing happened you could hear starter but after a couple attempts no power!

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent now I'm trying the 10 min cycle and am hearing a clicking noise from dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mini? It's a Saturn ion 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tired the 30 min cycle nothing happened but rolled down window while I was doing so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
This actually sounds like a dead or severely weak battery. Try and have the car jumped and see if it starts .
Lou
Tried to jumped no luck padlock signal came on
I just paid $26 can you help me
Ok is the padlock flashing ?
The padlock or theft will allow the car to crank but it will
Not send fuel.
now it's not doing anything and I'm on my last 10 min cycle and I couldn't turn key all the way back so I put it back in on position
Ok so if its flashing then yes it is the passlock.
Let me tell you how i do it
I just paid $26 to text now I need to pay more?
Turn key on set timer for 12 minutes, turn key off, key should go all the way off as long as you do not press the brake and make sure the shifter is pushed all the way forward to park. So 12 min key on, turn key off, back on 12 min, key off, back on 12 min key off then turn to start. It should crank
Lets worry about the car and ill explain the fee. Should only be the 26$. Automated phone call offer is not me. Im trying to help you .
Also you will know the car allowed the learn procedure on each key turn because the padlock will go off.
OK padlock key symbol isn't on while I'm doing so but came on and turned off when it first happened
Ok the anti theft is only a issue if it is flashing when trying to crank. So lets verify that. It will
Be multiple flashes in a row
It's wasn't flashing
Engine light flashing now key lock in ignition
Key is stuck in ignition and won't go in off position
Trying to get key in off position now it's stuck and so are we lol damn Christmas Eve
Ok hang tight
If you take the battery cable loose from the negative you can get the key out
That is why im here, lots of people needing help in the worst way on holidays. Im trying here so bare with me
In what order did the car fail? Did it shut off on you or what all
Happened ?
Thanks I appreciate it
Ok also reread story. If you have a key fob lock and unlock the car
She turned car off locked the doors and then the police jimmied the door open she put keys in we heard the start in gage but the second attempt the car wouldnt do anything now we hear clicking sounds key is on position but no light nothing
Ok man this sounds like a dead battery.
To make sure, see if headlights turn on and if they dim when cranking or attempting to crank
No light no power

ok , we need to jump the car.

lets get power to the car to 100% verify.

Jumping it now now we have power to do the cycle fingers crossed

well you might not need the cycle if you have power now/

lock and unlock the car with the fob see if it cranks and starts. also

if the security light is not flashing when cranking then its not the theft issue.

but yes fingers crossed.

Will it still start if the padlock is not on?

yes

it should

only when the padlock is flashing is it a problem

Yea there is no light flashing
No power

ok, no power what?

also when you went to crank did the car lose power?

the battery can be so dead that it will not accept a jump.

or the terminals can also be loose.

wish i was there i would see what is going on first hand .

sorry this is taking so long i feel we still have a power issue.

check engine light on and when I put key in ignition the power turns off I got no reaction when I turn key now should I put the key in acc position or on position like I'm starting it

ok, if the power turns off that means that its a poor connection or not enough power in the car.

Could the security have locked the ecu? Cause I tried everything and the tow guy said the computer is locked now

well what happens is after multiple attempts it will not even crank if its a antitheft issue.

but that does not mean that the ecm is at fault

its a safety in case of multiple attempts at starting but it should release it after like 10 minutes.

We been trying for almost 3 hrs and still won't start it crank

ok, let me opt out, hopefully someone else is online and can advise better, my apologies. best wishes,

Lou

Saturn Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition but it does appear that you have a battery related issue. Make sure the connections are clean and tight, you can also turn the headlamps on and wiggle test the cables where they connect to the terminals to see if the lights flicker, indicating a connection problem there.

If connections are ok then the next step is going to be to have the battery load tested. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone and even Wal-Mart will load test batteries for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician