Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It will not start or turnover. Good battery and alternator.

Customer Question
It will not start...

It will not start or turnover. Good battery and alternator. Just replaced battery cables... ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2004 Vue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has an ignition interlock device that registered a voltage spike that messed up the unit. Got the unit fixed, now, the Vue won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It will make a slight click when the key is turned but it doesn't try to even start.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Saturn
I have an ignition interlock installed that "blew up" on me. Found out it was a voltage spike from the installers of the ignition interlock. Got it reprogrammed. It started and drove home, but the next time we went to start it, nothing. The negative battery cable had been loose. Replaced the cable ends. Now, it still won't start. Checked for loose connections and didn't see any. I'm thinking relay but not sure.
Good battery and alternator. Can hear a slight click when the key is turned, but that's it.
12/25/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If you turn the key on and jump across both wires at the starter, will it crank and start?