Saturn

Saturn Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Saturn

I lost my alarm remote to my 99 saturn SC three door coupe I…

Customer Question
I lost my alarm...

I lost my alarm remote to my 99 saturn SC three door coupe I have a key to get in but won't start because alarm is on, how do I disconnect.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

Yes have key but can't turn off alarm, No remote.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Coupe?

1999 SC

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I try'd looking for alarm receiver no luck, saw small box with what looked like chip to alarm but wasn't

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks just need to move car, before thay tow it, its been like that for three days.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Saturn
12/21/2017
Saturn Mechanic: david craig, Saturn Mechanic replied 2 months ago
david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

lock and unlock the drivers door with the key 3 times

are you there?

am here, that did not work, I locked and unlocked driver's door three times car alarm still went off and car did not start.
Saturn Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Different expert here.

Open driver door and leave open. Insert key in ignition and turn to on position and leave. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 1 minute. Reconnect and alarm should sound for 1 minute and stop. Turn key to off for 5 seconds and then crank engine

I just need to start this car without alarm remote, I lost it, other than that, there is nothing machinely wrong with my car, the Alarm was set, and than I lost the keys and remote and only had one remote, but had spare key, only.

I understand that. The method I just posted should disarm the alarm so it will start and run

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager