Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Saturn Aura XR. It appears as if the warning…

HelloI have a 2008 Saturn...
HelloI have a 2008 Saturn Aura XR. It appears as if the warning light on Passlock systems engaged. I don’t know if it had to do with my son sitting in the car with the door open for over an hour or not. There is a flashing padlock symbol on the instrument panel. I went online to see if I could find a solution. I did see JustAnswer had put out information regarding this but for a 2009 Saturn Aura XR, called the Relearn Procedures. I tried this and the battery went dead. I am having the battery charged now. From what I read, the 30-minute procedure is the same as the 10-minute procedure, just multiplied x 3. Using the relearn procedure, it appears that the key must be left in the “On” position during the 10-minute intervals. Is this correct? Is there any other information you can provide that might help?Thank you
12/16/2017
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

if you follow this which should take 30 minutes will it then start up after doing it ?

This 30-minute learn procedure should be used when all vehicle keys are desired to be replaced or reprogrammed. This procedure will erase all previously learned vehicle keys from the TDM. Once the 30-minute learn procedure has been completed, any remaining vehicle keys may be programmed using the Adding Keys procedure to ensure their continued functionality.

1. With an unlearned master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Observe the security indicator, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.
3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.

Important: The TDM learns the key transponder information upon the ignition switch transition from OFF to ON. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

5. With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information.

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Does leaving the ignition key in the “On” position during the three 10-minute intervals put a great strain on the battery?

it usually will if you can but a battery charger on it set to low or medium will work for you

Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Gary, with the charging & reinstalling of the battery, the car started without further incident. I turned it off and restated it again a second time to be sure.

great job