Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Saturn vue redline it was running fine and…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 2004 Saturn vue redline it was running fine and worming it up it shot off. We try everything from changing the key lock to chancing the body control module and reprograming it and it won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes the battery is new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

The shop is fixing my vue. we try changing the key lock, changing the BCM, changing the computer and reprograming it. also the segurity lock comes on and we try leaving it on for ten minutes and it shot of but it doesn't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saturn
12/16/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

With the key in the run position, what is the theft light doing?

Will it at least crank?

Its was blinking but we had it on for ten minutes and it stop.

Since the programming failed that means there are codes stored. Do you have a scan tool to see which codes are stored?

we do have a scan tool.

Great, which codes are stored?

The Vue cranks but doesn't start the factory alarm flashes the segurity lock stays solid it doesn't flashes. Also there is no codes.
we are putting a new BCM and going to reprogram it.

Let me know the results of the new BCM.

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician