Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have been fighting a 2006 Saturn Ion with no

communications with power steering module...
I have been fighting a 2006 Saturn Ion with no communications with power steering module It was brought to me after someone tried to repair it first. I decided it was the PSCM and picked a used one up from salvage yard. they said they were all the same including Cobalt and many other cars. However the Saturn Ion uses class 2 data buss and the Cobalt uses Can buss. Even though they look the same and plug in. Seems to me there is no way they will interchange. Has anyone experienced this ?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/14/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

I had a customer once brought a used pscm and did not work and the issue was a loss of communication , i m not sure on the can bus but it is possible, let me dig more into it for you

but i believe you are right since you also have no communication

you do have communication with other modules or no ?

I can communicate with all other modules most with U1000 codes which would indicate that I have one not talking (PSCM) The interchange says that they are the same but the wiring info for 2006 Cobalt for example is can and the 2006 Ion is class2

i looked it up and confirmed that you are correct ,you will need one for 06 Saturn to work

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat