Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A 2003 SATURN VUE THAT THE HEAT ONLY BLOWS OUT THE…

I HAVE A 2003...

I HAVE A 2003 SATURN VUE THAT THE HEAT ONLY BLOWS OUT THE FORWARD FACING VENTS

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No I just bought this vehicle used so i really cant answer that

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i will fix it myself. I am just starting the process and wanted to know where to go first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that should be all

12/13/2017
david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

If the heat only blows from those vent and it doesn't shift to the floor or the windshield then the mode selector actuator is bad

Where do i find the mode actuator? Can i buy this at a parts store?

sure can buy it at a parts store

let me get you the replacement procedure

thank you
i dont have this vehicle with me right now. I plan on working on it tonight when i get home from work

ok, ill be on all day

i wont be home until around 8 or 9 pm CST. If this recalibration does not work can you walk me thru process for the actuator now?

ill be on until midnight eastern...

but ill get you the procedure now

i am somewhat mechanically inclined if re calibration does not work i will replace mode actuator

you have a mode actuator for each position. here are the locations and the procedures

great thank you. Do i need to remove the dash to replace this?

no, you just need to crawl under under and remove the panel under the dash

calls for 1.1 hours

cool thanks for your help. i will let you know tomorrow what i find out

sounds good and please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

thanks and remember, Im here for any follow-up

David, Just wanted to say thank you for all your help. The re calibration took care of the problem. Again Thank you so much!

Im very glad to hear that!!! you are welcome