Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 vue...will not start...except with temp start button…

2005 vue...will not start...except with...
2005 vue...will not start...except with temp start button wired to starter. All lights come on but no signal to starter. So how to diagnose and fix?
Key is loose in cylinder...and only slides in in one direction but cylinder will turn to start position. Battery light does come on when running, but new battery and alternator too.
12/13/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So first check ignition fuse in underhood fuse panel location for continuity and voltage

Will have to check and get back to you this eve...working. Thanks! I assume I'm going to be looking for 12.6 volts and good continuity?

correct! ill be on later and we can continue then

hows it coming?

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Too cold to attend to this vehicle...perhaps in a couple of weeks...