Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Won't start and just clicks. I'm not sure where the noise is…

Customer Question
Won't start and just...

Won't start and just clicks

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I'm not sure where the noise is coming from and it was fine on Monday but I didn't start it yesterday. When I tried to start it today it just clicks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2008 Saturn Astra XR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband tried two other batteries to see if it was the battery and that didn't work so now he has it on the battery charger to see if that will work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Saturn
12/13/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Ron Z., - Saturn Tech - replied 7 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Saturn Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

When you say it just clicks- is this a 1-click per ignition cycle or a rapid, repeating clicking?

repeated clicking
do you mean does it only click once when we turn the key
Are you still there?
sorry I didn't see the send button

I'm still here! Yes. When you turn the key to try and start, is it a 1-click sound? Or a rapid, repeating clicking?

I was just looking to see if it might have been the battery or the starter. I will call a tow truck and get it to the garage. Thank you anyways
Saturn Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 7 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

the first thing to do here is to check the connections of the battery cables to the battery,,make sure they are tight and clean

if the cables are good,then you will need to test the battery,,

if the battery and the cables are good,then i would think you will need to replace the starter

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.