Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I think my pass lock system is not resetting. 2007. Vue. I…

Customer Question
I think my pass...

I think my pass lock system is not resetting

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saturn?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Vue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have followed the owner manual instructions

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Saturn
12/6/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

When you turn the key to on position, is the passlock indicator coming on and going off within 10 seconds, blinking on and off, or staying on as long as the key is in the on position

it goes off within 5 seconds. but when I sit in the car, keys out of the ignition, then it blinks off and on. I don't recall seeing that before. and by the way, this happened immediately after I let the car stall ( turn off) while in gear.
it is a manual

Ok, is the vehicle starting or is it in a no start condition

it turns over normally. there is no smell of fuel as if it were flooded

HI,

Ok, first step is a reset. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnect and see if the light goes out and starts

ok will do. but can I just disable the passlock instead? remove a fuse? or check the fuse?/

HI,

Disabling the passlock puts the vehicle in a complete no start condition as it will kill signal to the fuel injectors and ignition coils.

didn't work

HI,

Ok, this means that there is a hard fault in the passlock system. Unfortunately it will require a dealer level scan tool to scan it and retrieve the fault codes and diagnose at this point

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager