Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Saturn vue, the rear wipers and rear hatch…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 2009 Saturn vue, the rear wipers and rear hatch don't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Yes I checked the fuses and yes there's power to the motor. But I can live without the wipers I need the tailgate to work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I checked all the fuses and the trunk button. I powered the trunk latch with my power probe and it opens.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Saturn
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/6/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I assume you powered the light blue wire to the lock actuator and this made it open?

Is the rear closure fuse under the dash good and if you power it will the liftgate open?

At the liftgate release switch are both wires ground when it is pressed?

If the answers are yes, yes, yes then the BCM is the likely issue. I can help you diagnose there if you are up for it.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I did all three of those. Is the bcm and I/p fuse panel the same thing?

They are near each other but they are not the same part.

Ok if I replace the bcm do I have to program it?

BCM programming is needed