Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Saturn Outlook 2008 radio is locked and I don't know the…

Customer Question
My Saturn Outlook 2008...

My Saturn Outlook 2008 radio is locked and I don't know the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlook yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Saturn
12/5/2017
Saturn Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Saturn Mechanic

IF this is the Factory Radio:
There is NO Customer Input to UNLOCK the Factory Radio
GM Dealer must UNLOCK with Scan Tool connected to GM Computer.
Dealer connects Scan Tool to Vehicle
Dealer "downloads" Vehicle & Radio Information
Dealer "uploads" Vehicle & Radio Information to GM
GM sends Info
Dealer connects Scan Tool to Vehicle & Uploads info to Vehicle
No other way

Most GM Dealers charged apprx 1 hour labor
These Radios are Class 2 DATA Type Radios

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

Did you have any other questions?
Thank you.