Saturn

Saturn repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Well it all started with the battery dying someone boosted…

Customer Question
Well it all started...

Well it all started with the battery dying someone boosted me improperly it's a 04 saturn ion which has a small 2nd positive terminal under fuse box cap after it was finally boosted on the dash popped up PWR STR and had no power steering so checked all fuses that I was able to exept the large 30's and 40's so I left them for later but by that time my dad had asked some mechanics friend about it who were pretty admit about it being the body control module though I told they I ddidn't know how to check square fuses (though I found out later and that was the problem with the power steering ) so I replaced the bcm from my parts car but it would not start at all, found that ithe was the fuses replaced them put the original bcm back on car though I cracked one of the clips to the wires and is held on with zip tyes car worked fine exept the heater fan would not work checked and changer over every single fuse after that car will not start or crank no lights will turn on anywhere no electric part will work exept for trunk button any idea what I f**ked this time after this long road of mistakes?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No power whatsoever no lights nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have been mostly myself my dad helps here and there the code reader won't work either it only started happening since I started messing with the fuses and only tried making sure every thing with plugged in (fuses and wires) my dad suggested that putting the fuses back in I could have pushed wires in fuse box out of alignment is this possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Saturn
12/3/2017
Saturn Mechanic: david craig, Saturn Mechanic replied 6 months ago
david craig
david craig, Saturn Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

when you removed the body control module and put in a different one, first was the battery disconnected and secondly did you have the new one programmed?

do you still need help?

the battery was disconnected but no never programmed the bcm don't have the tool for it. I got everything working after except the heater there is no power going to the heater, the risister, or to the controls except for one port shown in picture checked every fuse and relay. The rear defoger works and controls light up but nothing else I tried using another control switch still never worked there is 4 code that pop up when you plug in a code reader but they have been there for months

what color is the wire that you are getting power to?

ok, allow me a little while I'm working with 4 other customers right now ..thank you

Okay right now there is a temporary wire hooked up to the cigarette lighter and use it sparingly because I need to be able to see where I'm going

ok

is that a 2.0 or a 2.2?

and that wire, is it just gray?

It's 2.2 in photo there is a green wire than a wire that looks like a dark grey/green(this is the one that has power and closest to camera ) last and at top is light grey middle one has power only

there's a gray wire and a dark gray wire.

It'd dark grey then

ok

?

When you plug the test light to the terminal it lights up but no other terminal will light up

so with the key on, there's no voltage on the brown wire?

No only one wire lights up

not good. ok. standby

?

30 87 86 85

put a jumper wire between 30 and 87